● Enhanced Border Security: Helped expand participation in the federally-funded Operation Stonegarden that provides law enforcement equipment and technology and enhances cooperation between federal law enforcement agencies and state and local agencies to provide enhanced border security.
● Increased Law Enforcement Resources: Oversaw the Sheriff’s Office establishment of the Border Crime Suppression Task Force Team that increased law enforcement resources to combat border crimes and increased drug interdiction efforts in Imperial County.
● City of Holtville: Worked with county leadership to establish, define, and resolve any differences regarding the 10-year-old law enforcement agreement between the county and the City of Holtville.
● Developed Partnerships: Negotiated law enforcement services agreements with several local municipalities as well as school districts, including Imperial Valley
College and San Pasqual Valley School District.
● Drones and Farm Thefts: Through a county agriculture grant, established the ICSO drone program that has been a crucial tool to investigate farm-related thefts.
● Oren Fox Detention Facility: Helped lead the team that obtained $33 million to fund the new Oren Fox Detention Facility.
● Major Investigations: Collaborated with farmers in major agriculture theft investigations, such as the June 2021 arrests of 15 individuals who were part of a major criminal network that targeted farm equipment and other essential high-dollar equipment such as water pumps, generators and off-road terrain farm vehicles.
"I have the proven leadership and experience needed to continue moving the Sheriff's Office into the future."